An Era Has Come to a Close

This hurts to tell everyone that Herb Stoops passed on earlier this month.

We all knew him as man willing to give and share all that he knew and had without hesitation. He shared from the heart. This guy was a St. Nick in disguise.

His woodworking talent surely was impressive. His knowledge was immense and thorough which was ours only for the asking. Often, asking wasn’t even necessary.

Herb… You will always be in our thoughts and sorely missed. Rest in Peace Buddy…

AND! Wherever you have gotten yourself off to. ‘LEAVE THE DAMN BUTTONS ALONE!’

1 Like

This is an immeasurable loss for all. Herb was amazingly kind and helpful to me even though it was obvious I would never, ever, approach his caliber as woodworker.

1 Like

He was an amazing woodworker and a wonderful friend. He gave so much to NWWA and all of its members. I have lots of memories of him helping people in the group, including me. I also have several of his group holiday gifts for all the members. They continue remind me of him and his generosity.

1 Like

For fact, His generosity knew no bounds…

Definitely will miss Herb. He was always jumping in to help, and put a lot of work into making this forum active.

1 Like

Oh wow, very sad to hear. You will be missed Herb!

1 Like

Hi Stick, it really hurts to feel that he is gone. May he find a place in paradise,with all his favorite tools and plenty of wood to show the other souls how it’s done. We miss him.

1 Like