Cabinets assembled and ready to be installed

That was a lot of work. Had a remake the corner because it pushed the sink 3 inches off center compared to the window.
I need some ideas for the space to the left of the pocket door and the cook top. Its only 7.5 inches. Im thinking about a bookshelf.

1 Like

your cabs look great Mark… KUDOS…

vertical pull out… fill the space or move it down the line to wherever it’s most convenient to use…
they’re great for pan and pot lids… cookie sheets, cooling racks, and pizza pans…
or you could increase the width of the small cab… (2nd one over to the left of the door)…
if you put it there after spreading the cabinets all you will have to do is add a pullout insert…
you already have the sides and face frame for it…

Note…
books exposed in the kitchen will absorb airborne grease particles…
also, a 7½" shelf is usually not deep enough for most cookbooks…

an after thought…
as you compute your cabs and countertops…
are you allowing for your door casing and trim moldings???

Yes. There’s 7.5 inches.
Subtract 1.5 for the plywood, .75 for the end panel, and an inch of the slide. That’s a small pullout.

Stick beat me to it, doesn’t even have to be a pull out, mine just has a matching 6" wide door full height under counter. It is great for cookie sheets and pizza pans and oven broiler pan. I have one on each side of the range.
Herb

1 Like

Mark I don’t see a stove top outside vent?
Herb

1 Like

look for a way to use to build off of your existing cabs…
either separate the two cabs and put put the pull out in between them using the end panels of those two cabs…
or slide the two cabs to right. insert the pull out in that space you made using the end panel on them and thee side pane of the perpendicular cab…
make a new drawer cab 7½" wider…

1 Like

Not installed yet Herb. I got a wall mounted vent

1 Like

I agree about the pullout drawer, and we put in shelves with rail sides, except shallower. used them for spices. one real short, one medium and one tall. Very handy and easy to see into.

1 Like

Going with this.
https://www.build.com/rev-a-shelf-432-bf-6c/s202822?uid=1573832&null

2 Likes

Re: the window and sink cabinet not centering,I saw that previously, but didn’t mention it because i thought that you would catch it eventually.
I agree with no book shelves.
Where does the refrigerator go?
Herb

Yes. I centered the sink. the fridge goes on the opposite wall where the blue tape is. I will be finishing those cabinets tonight and will post new pics.

1 Like