Community Workshops

Periodically someone sends us an email asking if we have shop space and tools they can come and use. We don’t, but it would be nice to point them in the right direction.

Please reply here with some suggestions, and I’ll put them all here, so we have a useful reference for people who need it.

Seattle

2 Likes

Herb

2 Likes

Herb…
did you ever get a chance to visit the Community Workshop ???s…

1 Like

Several years ago we had a club meeting at an old warehouse type building in Seattle. I don’t remember exactly the name or address of the place. Maybe Allen McCall or some of the old timers would remember.
A fellow had started a community Workshop where a cubical space could be rented for a small fee and he furnished all the power tools. The tools were first class jointer,drum sander,tablesaw,lathes, big bandsaw, etc.
It sounded kind of like the one I listed, but not sure if they are the same. They were open all hours of the day everyday,to meet anyone’s schedule.
Herb

1 Like

Thanks Herb. The Phinney Neighborhood Center Community WOODSHOP is up and running. We are looking for experienced woodworker/volunteers so we can open more hours. At present we have ‘open shop’ hours Saturdays 9:-1:30. Volunteers get free use of the shop when it’s not open for general use or classes. If you have questions not answered by the web page, feel free to message me. Kevin (PNA shop volunteer)

Welcome to the forum, Kevin! If you’re looking for volunteers, posting a new topic on the forum will get a lot more people to see it than just replying in this topic.

1 Like

Thanks Tim. I’ll add a new post. I saw the ‘community WOODSHOP’ heading and thought the forum might be organized by topic.
Kevin

2 Likes