Live edge conference table

This is one of the slabs that Mark Martinez gave me to work on. This one is being cut into the leg structure.

3 Likes

That’s a good looking slab. Did you flatten the whole thing with hand planes? My hat is off to you. Let us know how the project gets on.

1 Like

My arms and shoulders gave out after getting 3/4’s done with a No. 7 & 6. I then turned to my belt sander.

3 Likes

Those are great looking slabs,they will make for some nice grain. Keep the progress pictures coming,a very interesting project you have going.
Herb

1 Like

wonderful. It looks very much some like old planks I have, some of them cut down in 2001, still waiting to be used. First of all, what wood is it? And then, are you sure they will not warp? Please keep posting the progress, especially if you need to change method/use, it is very important for me.

2 Likes

It is Douglas Fir. It has been drying for over ten years, so I think the warpage will be minimal.

1 Like

thank you, it looks very impressive, and comes from a big tree. I work with mediterranean cypress, it has its own idiosyncrasies.

1 Like

How is your project coming along? Have you had time to make any progress?
Herb