Lumber supplier in Mt Vernon / Burlington / Anacortes area

I just moved up north and Crosscut is a bit far of a drive. Is there a good hardwood dealer near the Anacortes / Burlington / Mt Vernon area?

thanks

Welcome to the forum Seth. Good luck on your move that is one of the prettiest places in the state. I can’t help you with the lumber store as I live south of Seattle, if you find one on your 0wn, please post it for all to see.
Here is a link for you to check out:

Herb

Thanks! It is a lovely area. I will indeed share any resources I find!

1 Like

Herb, do you have any recommendations south of Seattle? Specifically around the Tacoma area?

Welcome to the forum Jstaff.

Edensaw is one of our sponsors,and they have a Tacoma location; Products | Edensaw Woods Seattle WA Supplier

I have been buying most of mine from estate sales or off Craigs list, and when I need a special wood I go to Cross Cut,Rockler,or Woodcraft.
There used to be a fellow on craigs list that sold pickup loads of maple beam end cut offs 3’- 4’ long for $250. that I bought. They were all dried and planed,various thicknesses.
Keep an eye open for woodworkers that are retiring and selling off their tools, they usually have a stash of wood for a reasonable price.

Another source I had were these little bandsaw,(WoodMiser) wildcatters around that saw a lot of local lumber usually have alder,maple available ruff sawn you can get for a good price. I had one in Blackdiamond I used for years until he went out of business.
Herb

1 Like

Seth,
I am Arlington based. Martin lumber in Everett is pretty good and E&E in Marysville has a little bit as does Arlington Hardware. I have a good supply of curly maple and Koa if either interests you. I sell to Woodcrafters so I can give you a much better deal than they will. My scrap pile is free for the taking. depends on what you want but there are a lot of small bits and pieces that may be of use. There is also a guy that sells slabs right next to Martin Lumber. I think the name is Stormo Hardwoods. Has some nice pieces but not cheap, fair just not cheap.

Bill

1 Like