New tools at a major discount

I am not here to promote a particular business, but I have mostly outfitted my shop at prices that are about 60% of retail or better. Most of the equipment is Jet which I find adequate for the level of woodworking I do. As an example the dust collector shown in another post cost me $350 with the cannister filter. If you look it up on Amazon or else where the cannister alone is well over $300. The items I buy are all scratch and dent or shipping damaged. Sometimes that means they slightly cosmetically damaged, other times it means the original box is torn up or missing. Very rarely there may be a small accessory or part missing. All the equipment carries a full factory warranty. Recently I purchased a steel frame 20 x 30 flip top table for $95. They are over $250 retail. Again I am not here to promote a business and I am sure several of you know who I am referring to. If anybody wants the details please let me know and I will arrange to contact you offsite.

1 Like

Why the big mystery? Can you not just list this seller here?

I am trying to be sensitive to the fact that this is a non-commercial site and not do a bunch of advertising for a business that does not support us. It is not a mystery or secret and I am happy to share so I will leave it to the rest of you. Please chime in, am I being overly careful? No problem either way for me, I have no dog in the hunt,

Bill

Bill, it makes no difference to me personally either way, but we are a club, and one purpose is to share information, but it is well up to you how you decide. Having personal contact with you might be more agreeable with the seller.
Herb

This is an informal, non-commercial site and your caution is appreciated. However, I think that would only apply if you were making a commission on generated sales, or were receiving some other compensation.

If you are simply sharing a good resource for tool sales that is appropriate and welcomed.

1 Like

Sorry if I was overly cautious.
The business is Equipment Sales and Surplus in Auburn. They are the Jet outlet for freight damaged merchandise. Prices are generally about 40% off retail (Amazon price not MSRP.)
A list of what I bought so far and price I paid as well as I remember.
16-32 drum sander $1025
jwbs -14sfx bandsaw $750
650 cfm dust collector with 2 micron canister $350
JDP-17 drill press $795
jwl 1221vs lathe with bed extender $750
JJ-5csdx jointer $650

Inventory fluctuates a lot and items are limited. When you want something give them a call and ask. If they don’t have it, they will put you on a list and give you a call when they have one. Nice guys great service. They advertise on Craigslist but do not put their name on the adds. They are on the web but don’t really push the discounted stuff there. I had to put 2 and 2 together. Most of the tools just broken box stock but some have nicks and dings. All carry full factory warranty.
Hope this helps

Bill

1 Like

Ah, that makes a lot of sense! I’d seen their adds on CL, and in fact had them recommended by another friend. Did not realize they were keeping 2nds off CL.

Great tip Thanks!
cc