Posted links within a post

@rtwfroody
Tim, is it possible to have links in a thread that are clicked on open in a new tab instead of the window you are in???
I believe navigation will be easier…

Also…
If I read correctly, senior members can edit other member’s posts… is this true???

Tim, is it possible to have links in a thread that are clicked on open in a new tab instead of the window you are in???

Some people prefer one, some the other. I don’t know if there is a setting for this, but I’m inclined to just leave it at the default. If people want a new tab they can middle-click the links.

If I read correctly, senior members can edit other member’s posts… is this true???

Probably. The forum does a lot of stuff like that were heavy users get access to more features.

how so??? do you mean right click, open in new tab???

YIKES!!!

how so??? do you mean right click, open in new tab???

I mean click with the middle mouse button. If your mouse doesn’t have a middle mouse button, then right-click and open in new tab works. (On some setups with a mouse with only two buttons, clicking both at once acts as the middle mouse button.)

YIKES!!!

For details, see [retired setting] What does the "trusted users can edit others" setting do? - users - Discourse Meta and Understanding Discourse Trust Levels.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

right click > new tab is what I’m doing… will maintain…

editing other’s content… got it…

Thanks…