Some Ideas for handmade gifts

Here is a website I ran across that is excellent for kick starting your own shop made gifts for all occasion. And to make it even better a step by step pictorial instructions. Read and enjoy.

Herb

For some reason there is a limit on posts per day? I think that should be increased or unlimited…

2 Likes

What a timely topic! Here’s a simple “round” jar that would be a nice little gift that you can make easily:

I don’t remember what angle I set my table saw to, but you cut strips at that angle. Then (or before) make a dado in the bottom. Cut a round shape for the bottom, and glue it all together.

1 Like

There are a couple of ways to figure the angle. First take the circumference you want, C=2X3.14Xradius. Divide that by the width of your wood strips = number of strips.
The second way is to divide the circumference C=360 ° by the number of pieces= angle
Herb

1 Like

this lady (the person behind 3x3 square) makes some pretty good videos on youtube and has made several interesting items.

1 Like

here are a couple three (ok, five) calculators to help w/ figuring the angles you’re looking for…

arc_calc.pdf (48.4 KB)
Calculating Polygons.pdf (232.3 KB)
Compound Angle Calculators.pdf (139.1 KB)
Segment Calculator.pdf (74.9 KB)

octagon layout

@rtwfroody
I tried to load several data entry spread sheets but the forum settings won’t allow it…
I have them in Open Office .ods, ,odt and as ZIP files…
can you help w/ this…

thanks…
Stick…

It’s not clear to me which of the zillion forum settings controls this. If someone replies asking for the spreadsheet, then I’ll take another look.

they are called File Extensions
maybe they are listed under file extension permissions…

@HerbStoops
the masses want to know…
how come you didn’t share the donuts???

You bring the coffee ,I will bring the donuts, not cake donuts either, maybe even some maple bars.
Herb

1 Like

done deal…
my blends good enough???..