Thursday, July 27, 2023: Woodcraft: Craig Colomb on Shaper Origin Router

Thursday, July 27, 2023 at 6:00 PM.

Member Craig Colomb will demo the Shaper Origin Router, explain how he uses it to for inlays, and answer all our questions.

The presentation will include a demo, so please bring eye and ear protection if you’ll want to use that. We should have a few extras in case you don’t have any.

We’ll also have some time for show-and-tell, and to discuss questions/problems anyone has.

Woodcraft will close at 6pm, which is exactly when our meeting starts. For directions to the back door, see Woodcraft directions

Craig,
I just joined the group today and your Shaper event is at the top of the page, I am a Day 1 adopter of the Origin and would be happy to assist you in any way needed, including bringing in a Shaper setup if you are planning to allow demo’s. I am also available to sit quietly in the back. If you have any presence on the Shaper HQ’s forum I post there as Brian(J).

Best,
Brian

Hello @Brian and welcome!

I am planning to allow some hands-on with the Shaper. I haven’t found a good way to share the screen, and you really don’t understand what it’s doing unless you’re running it yourself.

It would be great if you could bring your Shaper. I was thinking of doing some simple inlay, like a bowtie or dog-bone. We could have one attendee do the pocket, and someone else cut the inlay.

Haven’t been on the Shaper forum much, I suppose I should head over there and check it out.

We can touch base the week of the demo to coordinate files and such. Thanks in advance for your help!
cc

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum, Brian.
Herb

Note:
The presentation will include a demo, so please bring eye and ear protection if you’ll want to use that. We should have a few extras in case you don’t have any.