Well S! (Fifteen)

1st. Do we really need a requirement of 57 characters in the subject line?

So flush trimming and this happened. I’m somewhat agitated. - Suggestions?

Also, here’s kinda an update on my slow process

Mark, your cabinetry is looking good… KUDOS…

fill the divot w/ matching base color wood filler…
sand flush…
use an exacto knife or scratch all to scratch in wood grain rays/lines…
apply matching ray colored filler to fill the scratches…
sand flush…

use TimberMate or Mohawk… these two products are pretty much top grade…
http://www.timbermategroup.com/timbermate

more on how to…
Timbermate Instructions.pdf (932.1 KB)
http://www.timbermategroup.com/applications-look-and-see

I just changed the requirement from the default 15 to 7 so your original topic would be acceptable.

A topic like “Flush trim accident” would’ve been long enough, and generally more helpful to anyone who has the same question in the future.

1 Like

That would have been a better subject line. When my brain is enraged with anger it doesn’t always think correctly.

Here’s how I would try to fix:

5 Likes

If you don’t like either solution, change out the face frame piece…

Mark what goes into the opening, a slide in unit like an oven? Does it have it’s own trim?
Doors, will cover, If that is a full height trim, replace with another,and cut this one up for shorter pieces. try to smooth out evenly and replace with a long half moon patch.

I like Soltow99’s suggestion,only the grain in a dowel might absorb stain to the point that would show dark. A plug cutter might work. By clamping a piece lengthwise across the divot and drilling out a round hole,like for the dowel and cutting a plug and orient it to the grain, gluing it in ,then trim with a chisel, like he suggests. I have had fair success plugging holes and matching grain that way in the past. A lot of fussing around tho.

there are 8 plugs in the top, in this picture:

Herb

1 Like

I will probably use both solutions. But to Herb’s point, I’m going to use a plug cutter and get face grain.

1 Like