Glues, Cements, Adhesives and Epoxies

We use a lot of these an a regular basis…
I’d like to share what I’ve collected on the subject… I hope it’s helpful…

FWIW… my #1 go to is WeldBond… I’ll probably get chastised for saying this… TiteBond is very low on my list… there isn’t even any on the premises…

All types of glue.pdf (137.1 KB)
glue-application-chart.pdf (19.4 KB)
pub2587gluing.pdf (202.4 KB)
Veneer Adhesive Guide.pdf (47.7 KB)
WOODWORKING GLUES.pdf (85.2 KB)
Weldbond Specifications & Instructions.pdf (82.1 KB)

the hot melt adhesives and glues…

Hot Melt - Selection Chart.pdf (125.8 KB)

Super Glues… (CA)…

SUPER GLUE.pdf (73.6 KB)

Hide and Fish Glues…

Liquid Hide Glue.pdf (32.1 KB)
FISH and HIDE GLUE.pdf (448.9 KB)

1 Like

I use Tite Bond II and never had a problem with it.
Herb

sometime back I built an exceptionally long coffee for a client…
after a while the joints in the top began to separate/misalign… made a replacement… after time, that one separated too…
I had used TB for the glue up… What we theorized was the sun shining on the table had warmed the top enough to plasticize the TB thus allowing the joints to open and creep…
when I went to look at the table the 2nd time the top was really warm… the table sat facing a corner floor to ceiling bay window… this window was in the SE corner oh the room allowing the sun to shine on the table dawn to dusk …
to test the theory I made up a panel and left it in the cab of the closed up truck… in hour or so the joints began to creep…
made a 3rd panel, this time w/ WeldBond…
a decade later we’re still golden… after all, you only need a hairdryer to take a TB glued joint apart…
the new plan for subsequent panel call for the addition of splines… to my dismay I discovered biscuits can telegraph under the right conditions to the panel’s surface as convexes… you look at the panel and you see where every biscuit is,

1 Like